So it’s not just your Aunt that gets her email hacked and sends you bizarre spam emails about vitamins from China. It’s also President Bush Senior, Hugh Grant, Scarlett Johansson and the Chief of the CIA.
What does that mean for you… if the head of the CIA can’t keep his emails safe, how can you? Well first off, it’s important to realize that no one is exempt from identity hacking and that it’s vital to protect yourself.
BullGuard has some tips on how not to get hacked:
- As a rule of thumb, it’s important to pay attention to the usernames and passwords that you use across different sites. Don’t use the same ones!
- Think twice before sharing any kind of personal information on mind – think Facebook profile. It’s important to remember that this information can be used by cybercriminals to answer your security questions
- Delete old emails that contain important personal or financial information
- Avoid logging in to any accounts from a public computer, such as those in libraries
- Check all your passwords and see how strong they are – you can use this guide on the Don’ts and Do’s of passwords.
- Install firewall, antivirus and antispyware protection and set up regular scans – guess what? BullGuard has it all, offering you one complete solution against all internet security threats.
Don’t fall victim to email hacks like these celebrities, make sure you use strong passwords in combination with BullGuard Internet Security!