In November, we talked to you about bringing Grandma and Grandpa up to speed in the digital world. By now they should be enjoying all the benefits of being on line and sharing pictures of their grandchildren!
So, as a follow-up...
Here are some great apps you can introduce them to, and keep them engaged on line:
- NPR. Free access to NPR programming, read stories or listen to them. Does Grandpa love “Talk of the Nation”?
- Birthday Reminder Pro. Make sure Grandma doesn’t ever forget a birthday again! Import birthdays from your contacts, or program them in, and set-up notifications.
- Micromedex. Find out information on common drugs and their side effects. Simple to use, and all information is written in large print.
- Silver Surf. A web browser with bigger buttons, with simple zoom-in options which helps Grandma and Grandpa surf the web without squinting or struggling.
- Sudoku Daily. Help keep them sharp with this mental math puzzle.
- Flickr. A must have to share pictures of family and friends.
- Magnifying Glass. Use the zoom feature on the phone as a magnifying glass to read text that may be difficult to read.
- Antivirus software. Remember: online security is a must-have for anyone accessing the world wide web either from their PC or smartphone, especially those that are not particularly tech-savvy. And Grandma and Grandpa may just fall into this category. Check out BullGuard’s security products and choose the one Grandma and Grandpa need. They’re all simple to install and easy to use.
Let us know how things go and which apps Grandma and Grandpa like best!