Have you ever given much thought to what you could be exposing your computer, tablet or phone to?
Here are some tips to help you share and download safely:
1. The Golden Rule:
Get yourself some solid internet security software, like the award-winning BullGuard Internet Security. The following components of our security suite will actually protect you from the issues we’ll discuss in 2, 3, 4 and 5:
- -Antivirus with Behavioural Detection and Signature-based Detection
- -Firewall protection
- -5GB of FREE online storage
- -Safe Browsing
2. Only download material from trusted sources and websites, and be especially careful with .exe files - you could be exposing yourself to viruses and other malware.
3. Think twice before providing any kind of personal information prior to a download, the ones asking for it could be hackers and identity thieves.
4. Make sure you read the small print, you could end up accidentally registering for spam mail, which can also expose you to phishing attempts and foreign language spam (even more annoying that your run-of-the-mill, native language spam).
5. Back up your data. Make sure you’re protected in the event something does happen. Don’t lose your important files, keep photos, music, calendars and other personal content safe.
It’s up to you to keep your content and your identity safe. It’s a mad, mad world out there, but the good news is you don’t have to go at it alone. Try BullGuard Internet Security today for free.