Now that you’re covered off on the who’s who of Hack Attacks, let’s look at the things you can do to help protect yourself.
First off, we’ve got a few ‘Yes or No’ questions for you:
- Do you rarely change your passwords?
- Do you use the same password for several different sites?
- Do you store your credit card information on sites that you shop on often?
If you answered Yes to any of these you are repeatedly and probably unknowingly putting yourself at risk for identity theft.
So, how can you protect yourself?
- Install an internet security suite, such as BullGuard’s award-winning internet security software.
- Change your passwords regularly.
- Don’t use the same password for different sites.
- Never store personal data on websites.
- Educate yourself about risks. Read our Blog regularly to stay up to date. Also, check out our Internet Security Centre to learn more about internet threats.
- When a trusted brand or site you've got an account with urges you to reset your password, do so.
Stick with us! The good folks at BullGuard can be trusted to keep you updated and protected, with the help of Winston, of course.